Tippi Shorter: Celebrity Hairstylist
The stylist responsible for the glamorous hair transformations of stars like Alicia Keys and Rihanna, Shorter truly understands what it takes to make the most of natural textures and styles (though she's a whiz with flawless extensions, too). Read on for her restorative routine:
1. FHI Heat Flat Iron: "The 1-inch iron smooths out thick hair effortlessly, and I can grab larger sections of hair, so I finish faster. I use it with my Mason Pearson brush. It's worth splurging on great tools."
2. & 6. Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment: "This at-home treatment makes my thick, curly hair feel like butter and doesn't ever weight it down."
3. & 7. Carol's Daughter Lemon and Rose Hand Cream & La Mer The Lip Balm: "I carry these around with me every day — my hands and lips always get superdry."
4. Deva Curl Mist-er Right: "If I'm wearing my hair curly, I like to use a refreshing spray midday to give my curls a boost."
5. Aveda Smooth Infusion: "I use this to give my hair a little life if I've been straightening it for a few days."
8. Paul Mitchell Soft Style Spray-On Polish: "I adore this! It works for every hair type but really pumps up the shine in thick, dark hair."
"My favorite haircut is and always will be the bob. It's versatile — sexy, sassy, or conservative when needed, and easy to maintain."
Victoria Beckham: Fragrance Mogul
Her haircuts make headlines and her husband makes her the world's most famous soccer mom. So with makeup and hairstylists from London to L.A. at her beck and call, it's no wonder she has a field day with beauty rituals. "I think I'm due for a change, but I just can't decide what to do," she says. "I look at pictures of people who've had the same hair for years. I'd love to do that, but I'd just get incredibly bored." Watch this space for Posh's next look. Meanwhile, spend it like Beckham and get her beauty essentials:
1. Marc Jacobs bag: "Marc's accessories are fantastic. I also collect Hermes bags. If I have a daughter someday, I'll pass them down to her. And, no, I'm not pregnant!"
2. Yonka Paris Fruitelia moisturizer: "I use a lot; I have dry skin."
3. La Prairie Cellular Radiance eye cream: "David uses this, too."
4. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream: "Just a little on the edges of my eyelashes makes them look long and dewy."
5. Beckham Signature for Her: "I'm a girl's girl. I know how we want to smell, and this is my interpretation."
6. Bliss Glamour Glove Gel and Gloves
7. Dermalogica Solar Defense sunscreen: "People in Hollywood are obsessed about protecting their skin. My face is never in the sun."
8. MAC Lustreglass in Instant Gold: "If I go heavy on the eye makeup, I'll go paler on the lips. It's like wearing a really short skirt, then choosing a top that downplays your chest."
9. DVB sunglasses: "I like them big because they hide a multitude of sins."
10. & 11. Giorgio Armani Maestro Eye Shadow in 7; Fluid Sheer in 2
12. Body Shop Mango Body Butter: "I've got someone who makes house calls for my spray tanning; I use this to maintain the color."
"David always looks at my toiletries and asks, 'What on earth do you do with all that stuff?'"