In the spring, the internet nearly combusted when it unearthed a rainbow highlighter from Etsy shop Bitter Lace Beauty. The $22 handmade illuminating highlighter sold out practically instantaneously and since then has been nearly impossible to procure—even going for upwards of $1,000 on eBay. Thankfully, for those rabidly obsessed with the idea of turning their visage into a living and breathing prism, Wet 'n Wild has come to the rescue with their own kaleidoscopic offering. Here's everything you need to know:
1. It's cheap as hell. Praise be! At $4.99 (yes you read that right), it's less than a quarter of the price of Bitter Lace Beauty's offering. But on second thought, does that make getting our hands on one that much more competitive? More on that later...
2. It will give you a storybook-worthy glow. Officially deemed the "Unicorn Glow" highlighter, dusting it onto the half-halos of your face will make you look downright majestic. But, like, in a wearable way.
3. A little bit goes a long way. The shimmery pearl powder is ultra-saturated ensuring that your pan will last a loooong time. This said, that's also a call to action to use a light hand when applying it. You don't want this to happen.
4. There are six different colors. Settling the great is-there-6-or-7-colors-in-a-rainbow? debate once and for all. JK, but because they're slight muted interpretations, you've got glistening mauve, sky blue, blue-green, gold, peach, and millennial pink.
5. It's already sold out. I mean, we all saw this coming. You'd have to literally be Usain Bolt to have nabbed it the first time around. But fear not, as they will be restocking soon and you can sign up for an e-mail blast that will alert you as soon as that happens. Godspeed!
Wet n Wild Color Icon Rainbow Highlighter in Unicorn Glow, $4.99; wetnwildbeauty.com.