1. Fill your car with helium balloons and float to work. (Although you would avoid the Beltway backup.)
2. Use bald tires — less drag.
3. Cut your engine when going down steep hills.
4. Play See How Far You Can Push My Car with the neighborhood kids.
6. Combine errands. Example: If your sister's water just broke, but she's only 4 cm dilated, drop off the dry cleaning and pick out some privets for your yard at Home Depot on the way to the hospital.
7. Walk through the drive-through ATM.
8. Ask car-pool passengers to open the door and dive out when you pass their streets.
9. Go manual, la the Flintstones.
10. Get a bike.