MC@Work: Confessions of a Hit Woman
By Laurie Sandell
Photo Credit: Everett Collection
DANA WALDEN'S TIPS FOR SUCCESS
1. THE TRUTH MAKES AN IMPRESSION: "[Regarding a controversial speech she delivered in 1995 about the state of television] I thought, Even if it sounds harsh, I'm going to be very candid. It was my Jerry Maguire moment."
2. FAILURE IS INEVITABLE GET OVER IT FAST: "What differentiates leaders is the ability to recover following a mistake... I cop to them, apologize, and move on."
3. DON'T LINGER ON BIG DECISIONS: "[Upon losing a favorite director to another studio] I was too bogged down in the particulars of his deal... When you feel strongly about someone, you just have to go for it."
WALDEN'S SECRET WEAPONS
1. ASICS GEL-KAYANOS: "I run five days a week, and no other shoe gives me the kind of support I've found in this one."
2. FROZEN MINI REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS: "I have a couple every day in the late afternoon. It feels healthier than drinking coffee."
3. CÉLINE BAG: "I beat my purses up throughout the day this one tolerates the wear and still looks stylish."
4. MY BLACKBERRY: "I would still rather type e-mails on a keyboard."
5. LAURA MERCIER TINTED MOISTURIZER SPF-20: "A fantastic product that provides great coverage. It's all I wear on weekends."