How to Get a Job at GILT.com
By Melissa Bykofsky
Landing a job after graduation can be a stressful process but that's no reason to panic. If you made a good impression during an internship, your former supervisor can recommend you for a job. Employee referral programs generate 39.9 percent of all hires, according to recruiting firm Jobvite. Candidates with a referral get the job 55 percent faster than candidates who applied through a career site.
We've got you covered even if you didn't stay in touch with your former employer. Interested in working at GILT.com, a members-only online shopping website? Follow these five tips from GILT Groupes Talent Management Business Partner Dara Williams, and you'll be a shoe-in for the job.
1. Know how the business works. Candidates should learn about GILT from an insider's perspective. Do your homework and be able to hold an insightful conversation about the business. On any given day GILT interviews a variety of candidates but the common theme is looking for talent that truly understands the business from a strategic perspective.
2. Be prepared to take a risk. The e-commerce and flash-sale space is a rapidly changing environment. We love candidates who think outside the box and pride ourselves on not being afraid of failure. We value applicants who take unique approaches to problem solving and are adaptable, driven, and passionate.
3. Speak up during the interview. Entry-level employees often find themselves delivering a presentation to a partner with our senior executives. We look for candidates with the potential to add value to the organization they need strong communication skills.
4. Prepare a portfolio. Don't be afraid to showcase your personal passion projects. Candidates should bring their "best selves" to the interview. We hire people on their natural skills and potential rather than fitting a perfect mold on paper. We seek well-rounded employees.
5. Know your area of interest. We have everything from Merchandise Assistant to Styling Assistant and Marketing Specialist positions available.