10 Wedding Mistakes
1. Forgetting what the day is really about and losing perspective. Its only 4-5 hours of your life.
2. Not involving your significant other in the planning process.
3. Getting intoxicated the night before can seriously take a toll on you. Youre going to be on your feet for hours upon hours the next day Get your rest.
4. Being inconsiderate. Asking your guests to wear particular color, fly to Timbuktu, or bring.
5. Not adhering to a budget. Enough said.
6. Not having a Plan B. What if it rains? Do you have a back-up plan?
7. Not knowing your officiant and your DJ really well. These are the leaders of your ceremony and reception They should have a clear idea of your expectations.
8. Wasting Money. Is it really necessary to get the $1000 pair of shoes for your day? Figure out what are the most important things to you and go from there.
9. A lack of personality. Couples do the same cookie cutter wedding, and dont put any of their own style and personality into it.
10. Letting the wedding take over your life; and your friends lives; and your families lives. Its a large part of your life, but make sure that you dont lose too much focus over it.
By Tatiana Byron, founder of The Wedding Salon