11 Reasons Twentysomethings Love Brunch
#1 is because it's the best thing that has ever happened to America.
By Hallie Gould
1. You can sleep in as long as you want and still eat breakfast foods. No matter how late you hit the sheets last night, rest easy! You haven't wasted your day because brunch will still be there when you wake up.
2. You can go to fancy restaurants that you'd never otherwise be able to afford. Brunch specials are basically the eighth wonder of the world. It's cheaper than dinner so feel free to have your side order of bacon and eat it too.
3. Brunch is like a therapy session. Expect a rehash of the events from the night before, support from your friends on that questionable hook up, and scintillating conversation.
4. It's the perfect excuse to day drink. Brunch is the only meal where it's socially acceptable to drink in the morning. Something about the hair of the dog? Bottoms up!
5. Brunch doesn't care what you look like. If the mood strikes, you can hit up a swanky spot in your Sunday best, but its just as common to shlub it up over eggs.
6. You don't have to decide between sweet and savory. Want eggs? Get a pancake on the side! Have your heart set on waffles? Add some bacon, baby!
Read more: Hungover Brunch Recipes
7. The lunch crowd can take part too. There's always one outlier in your friend group who wants a cheeseburger. Thanks to brunch, you can all dine together in harmony.
8. Fancy coffee. Take a break from gross office brew and order a gorgeous, piping cappuccino with tons of foam or a latte with steamed milk that dreams are made of. Or both! The world is yours!
9. There's always artful food combos. Think breakfast pizza and you'll be slap happy for the rest of the day.
10. Brunch makes you feel like you've accomplished something with your day. You left the couch on a Sunday, that's progress.
11. You don't have to clean up after yourself. HIGH FIVE.
Photo Credit: Giphy