8 Lessons Feminism Taught Us
Author, activist, and feminist icon Gloria Steinem turns 80 today. In celebration of the spirit goddess whose passion for equality knows no bounds, we've rounded up some of her most insightful and hilarious quotes that have defined, and will continue to inspire, generations of feminists.
By Rebecca Shapiro
1. Channeling dissatisfaction into action is transformative.
2. Crucial realizations can be found in basic logic.
3. Feminism is about inclusion of all people.
4. Outdated policies are meant to be challenged and changed.
5. Power resides at all levels.
6. Don't level the playing fieldcreate a new one.
7. Certain inequalities still exist even as women advance further in their careers.
8. Dreams do come true.