Get Your Drink On With Tina Fey and Amy Poehler: 4 Boozy Cocktails for the Golden Globes 2014
Delicious and yummy, these four drinks with matching film nominations are your best complement to a night of the Golden Globes. Hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler also suggested a few corresponding drinking games for those of age to participate: Every time you see a dress with sleeves, drink. And everytime Poehler drinks, take a swig of your cocktail. We think we can handle that.
1. The Jasmine Fizz, for nominee Cate Blanchett and Sally Hawkin's film Blue Jasmine.
Created by Nick Van Tiel, US Brand Ambassador for Plymouth and Beefeater Gins
· 1 part Plymouth gin
· 1/2 part Plymouth Sloe gin
· 1/2 part Fresh grapefruit juice
· 1/2 part Fresh lemon juice
· 1/2 part Simple syrup
· Drizzle Hiram Walker black raspberry liqueur (float on top)
· SplashSoda/seltzer water
Shake & Strain the first 5 ingredients into a long Sling glass over fresh ice. Top with a little cracked ice, add a splash of soda and a drizzle of raspberry liqueur. Garnish with 3 blackberries.
2. Lemon Rush, for Best Motion Picture nominee Rush, starring Olivia Wilde.
Created by Trevor Easter, US Brand Ambassador for Beefeater and Plymouth Gin
· 1.5 part Beefeater
· .75 part Lemon Juice
· .5 part Simple Syrup 1:1
· 3-4 Black Berries depending on the size and freshness
Combine all ingredients into a cheater tin or a mixing glass add ice and shake. Strain the drink over ice into a double old fashioned glass through a tea strainer to remove seeds and berry chunks. Garnish with fresh Black Berries and enjoy.
3. Vermouth Bale, for American Hustle's Best Actor Nominee Christian Bale
· 1 1/2 parts Beefeater Gin
· 3/4 part Sweet Vermouth
· 3/4 part Dry Vermouth
· 3/4 part Orange Juice
Shake all ingredients vigorously with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
4. Captain's Coconut Crave, for fellow Best Motion Picture nominee Captain Phillips starring Tom Hanks.
· 1 part Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut
· 3/4 tsp Curry powder
· 2 1/2 parts Beefeater 24 gin
· 1/2 part Fresh Lemon Juice
Stir together the cream of coconut and curry powder to make a paste. Add the paste and the remaining ingredients to a shaker. Fill with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a sprinkle of additional curry powder.