5 Things to Know This Morning
By Rebecca Shapiro
1. Kate Middleton's royal makeover has arrived and it's glorious. The scarlet hue! The flared coat! The pillbox hat! The Duchess of Cambridge hopped off the plane in New Zealand debuting a more regal style and an adorable Prince George. Our favorite part of the ensemble? It recalls a 1984 outfit worn by Princess Diana. Well played, Kate.
2. Anna Kendrick as Ariel on Saturday Night Live will make your Monday morning. Trust.
3. President Obama will honor Equal Pay Day by signing two executive orders. Since Congress still can't seem to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act, the president will bring us two steps closer. First, he will sign an order that prevents federal contractors from retaliating against workers who discuss their salaries, encouraging "pay transparency." Second, he will sign an action that will require federal contractors to report salary data, broken down by gender and race, to the government.
4. A Goonies remake might be in the works. And now we have an excuse to watch the original Goonies trailer on repeat today.
5. Hollywood is remembering legendary actor Mickey Rooney today, who died at the age of 93 on Sunday. If you take one Google deep-dive today, let it be into Rooney's decades-long career, which will not disappoint.