The 9 Greatest Kate Moss Music Moments Ever
Is there anything she can't do?
By Lauren Valenti
Kate Moss may be fashion's reigning queen, but she's also a rock star in her own right and she doesn't just look the part. She's performed on stage with the Babyshambles, sexy-danced in a Paul McCartney music video, palled around with David Bowie, and just yesterday penned an album review for George Michael's new album Symphonica. In honor of her latest endeavor, we rounded up our favorite Mossy music moments:
1. Performing "La Belle et la Bête" with Babyshambles
The supermodel surprised the crowd at a Babyshambles show in 2005 when she climbed on stage in the middle of the set and started singing. She also co-wrote four songs on Babyshambles' second album Shotter's Lemmonheads with then-boyfriend Pete Doherty.
2. Re-enacting Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" Dance
Moss took on Michael Jackson's iconic "Billie Jean" dance routine in this home video shot by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
3. Wearing David Bowies Ziggy Stardust Jumpsuit at the 2014 BRIT Awards
Earlier this year, Moss accepted the award for best male solo artist on behalf of Bowie wearing his iconic "Woodland Creatures," jumpsuit that he donned on stage in 1972.
4. Pole-Dancing in the The White Stripes' "I Just Dont Know What to Do With Myself" Video
During 2003, Moss starred in the rock duo's black-and-white music video pole-dancing in nothing but her skivies.
5. Starring in a QMagazine Spread with David Bowie
For the October 2003 issue of Q, Moss and Bowie posed for this classic spread shot by Ellen von Unwerth.
6. Dancing in Paul McCarney's "Queenie Eye" Video
Last year, Moss dirty danced on an instrument case while Tom Ford sat nearby, bobbing his head. Jude Law, Meryl Streep, Sean Penn, and her former flame Johnny Depp (gasp!) also made appearances in the star-studded video.
7. Singing the Jungle Book's "I Want To Be Like You" with Pete Doherty
During an interview with BBC, Moss sang the Jungle Book classic along with Doherty as he played guitar in the back of a van. Adorable.
8. Singing Backup Vocals on Oasis' "Fade Away"
Moss and Depp recorded backing vocals for this B-side track with lyrics that talk about "the dreams we have as children."
9. Catwalking for the Olympic Ceremony to David Bowie's "Fashion"
Moss lead the pack which included Naomi Watts, Karen Elson, Georgia May Jagger, Lily Cole, and Jourdan Dunn as they strut to Bowie's fashion anthem during the high-energy closing ceremony.