5 Things You Need to Know Right Now
We got you.
By Rebecca Shapiro
1. President Obama announced that he will send a team to Nigeria to help find the missing school girls. Meanwhile, reports surfaced on Wednesday that more than 300 people were killed during a Boko Haram invasion of the northern Nigerian town of Gamboru Ngala in the state of Borno. The Boko Haram claimed responsibility for the kidnappings earlier this week. [AP] [NY Mag]
2. Kentucky's Senate race has reached a new level of awful. Tea-Party backed candidate Matt Bevin undermined his opponent by calling Kentucky's Secretary of State and Democratic rival Alison Lundergan Grimes "a new young women" who is "remarkably devoid of life experience." [Think Progress]
3. She's back! It's been more than a decade since the sex scandal that almost led to President Clinton's impeachment, but Monica Lewinsky is speaking out on the humiliation she endured in a lengthy essay in Vanity Fair. "It's time to burn the beret and bury the blue dress," she wrote. [TODAY]
4. Science says materialism is keeping you unhappy. Just in case you didn't realize, a new book aggregated a ton of data on the subject and found that "the materialistic tend to be unhappy, those with material goods will remain unhappy, and the market feeds on unhappiness." [Raw Story]
5. This female Harvard Business School student just figured out how to 3D print MAKEUP. Just watch this immediately.