5 Things You Need to Know Right Now
We got you.
By Rebecca Shapiro
1. A female-focused comedy beat a superhero movie at the box office this weekend. Knocking Captain America off its perch, The Other Woman starring Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, and Kate Upton topped the weekend box office, bringing in a total of $24.7 million. Let's all take a moment to remember Best Actress Cate Blanchett's words to the wise: [AP]
2. A French tourist visiting NYC gave her leftover pizza to a homeless man. Turns out that homeless man was Richard Gere filming a movie because of course that would be the case. [NY Post]
3. George Clooney might be off the market. Rumors are swirling that the world-famous bachelor is engaged to the Oxford-educated human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin, pictured below. The two were spotted having dinner in Los Angeles over the weekend with Alamuddin wearing an oh-so-major ring. [People]
4. The Los Angeles Clippers staged a silent protest against their owner last night. Clippers owner Donald Sterling was reportedly caught on tape making racist comments to his girlfriend last week. [Bleacher Report]
5. DEVASTATING: Tornadoes killed at least 18 people in three states on Sunday. Parts of the South and Midwest could be in for more severe weather on Monday. [CNN]