Prince George lives a charmed little life. He lives in a palace, he wears adorably color-coordinated outfits with his younger sister Charlotte, and he gets to go to a lovely school which feeds him impeccably crafted meals for lunch. Not going to lie: I'd give a lot to trade places with the famous four-year-old.
Because while most kids are packed off with a sandwich and a Capri Sun, the lunch menu for Prince George's school—Thomas's in Battersea, London—has been revealed, and the pupils are being served food of the highest standard. Like, wouldn't-look-out-of-place-in-a-fancy-restaurant-standard food.
Like, food I can't afford standard.
The school's website lists sample menus of the food they feed their fee-paying kids, explaining that in order to stop the children getting bored, they offer "a three-week menu cycle, repeated once." The menu also "changes with the season, so that we offer lighter lunches during the lighter days and more substantial meals when the days turn cold."
Naturally, there are always fish and vegetarian options daily. So here's the kind of thing Prince William and Kate can expect their eldest offspring to be eating throughout the day. (Prepare to salivate):
- Freshly prepared authentic lamb ragout with garlic and fresh herbs, served with organic grated cheese, baton carrots, and cucumber, and steamed fiber-rich whole wheat pasta.
- Freshly prepared salmon fillet with a salsa verde, served with steamed broccoli and cauliflower, and oven-baked herby diced potatoes
- Freshly prepared poached haddock with a poached egg, served with steamed baby corn, carrots and mange tout, and Mediterranean 50/50 couscous and quinoa
- Freshly prepared tomato and avocado bruschetta
For dessert, Prince George can satisfy his sweet tooth with the likes of:
- Freshly baked Portuguese egg custard tart with strawberries
- Fresh fruit platter served with a fruit Actimel
- Steamed jam and coconut sponge with organic custard
Is anyone else starving?
Well, at least the tasty food will make up for the fact Prince George isn't allowed a best friend. Silver linings, etc.