For those who live their lives in 140 characters, join us for a look back at all the major moments on Twitter in 2013. The social media platform welcomed new faces, hosted real-time coverage of a filibuster fought in pink sneakers, and the release of Beyoncé's new self-titled album, which came out of NO WHERE. Check out our list of the best moments from the year past, and our picks of who to follow in the year ahead.
1. Hillary Clinton, whose profile says it all.
2. Michelle Obama aka FLOTUS, who also participates in #TBT.
4. Amanda Seyfried, with whom we totally agree.
5. Christina Ricca, who has great ideas.
1. Wendy Davis' Filibuster:
2. The birth of royal baby Prince George:
3. Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Show:
4. This reaction to the government shutdown:
5. Katy Perry and President Obama sharing this sweet moment about the Affordable Care Act:
6. Beyoncé winning life with the TOTALLY SHOCKING release of her new self-titled album:
Who to Follow in 2014:
The Best Looks from the Last-Ever 'Mad Men' Press Tour
The one silver lining to the beginning of the end (of an era).
Emilia Clarke Turned Down 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Because of the Nudity
Apparently she was thiiiis close to being Anastasia Steele.
Elizabeth Banks Took Her Alexander McQueen Shoes from the 'Hunger Games' Set Because Who Wouldn't?
She's also got some scoop about 'Pitch Perfect 2,' so...she kinda has it all.