For those who live their lives in 140 characters, join us for a look back at all the major moments on Twitter in 2013. The social media platform welcomed new faces, hosted real-time coverage of a filibuster fought in pink sneakers, and the release of Beyoncé's new self-titled album, which came out of NO WHERE. Check out our list of the best moments from the year past, and our picks of who to follow in the year ahead.
1. Hillary Clinton, whose profile says it all.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
2. Michelle Obama aka FLOTUS, who also participates in #TBT.
4. Amanda Seyfried, with whom we totally agree.
5. Christina Ricca, who has great ideas.
1. Wendy Davis' Filibuster:
2. The birth of royal baby Prince George:
3. Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Show:
4. This reaction to the government shutdown:
5. Katy Perry and President Obama sharing this sweet moment about the Affordable Care Act:
6. Beyoncé winning life with the TOTALLY SHOCKING release of her new self-titled album:
Who to Follow in 2014:
Taylor Swift Is Totally Chill with Her Friends Dating Her Exes
Sorry, Gretchen. You got feminism wrong.
Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence's Hamptons Adventure Is a Buddy Comedy Waiting to Happen
"I look like her coach in all of the pictures. I look like I'm telling her to like take a knee."
Alexander Skarsgård Hit the Red Carpet in Full-Out Drag, and Looked Flawless
That wig! That gown! That spray tan!