Beyoncé's new HBO concert series Beyoncé: X10 (featuring clips from her Mrs. Carter Show world tour) premiered Sunday night, and had it not been for that thing that happened on True Blood, it would not have any competition for the title of "best thing that came on your TV since ever." The first episode featured a performance of "Haunted," from BEYONCÉ, otherwise known as the album that eliminated the need for Christmas in 2013. As Beyoncé numbers go, this one is rather low-key, given that Bey leaves most of the dancing to Les Twins and a troupe of birdlike ladies in leotards. You didn't think they would bust out "Single Ladies" on the first night, did you? Below, five of the most important moments from X10's initial outing, for your viewing pleasure.
1. One of Les Twins popping out of the stage like a very graceful Whac-A-Mole. At Beyoncé concerts, there is no such thing as gravity.
2. When Beyoncé basically licked the microphone, on the line about her "wicked tongue." I feel sort of dirty just looking at this. But in a good way.
3. These shoulder rolls. Plus maximum fan-powered hair blowing.
4. Her dancers whipping their hair back and forth right next to her. "Oh, I didn't see you there. I was too busy killing it."
5. Eternally turning Beyoncé. Everything about this is mesmerizing.
Photo credits: Getty Images; HBO