The model and Taylor Swift BFF has traveled the world for her modeling career, but one fantasy destination has remained elusive (hint: think moonwalk, not catwalk).
1. If I weren't a model, I'd be: A doctor or teacher. Both professions combine a love of learning and giving back, which has always been really important to me in my career.
2. Best career advice I've gotten: Diane von Furstenberg told me that it is a duty and privilege to use the platform you've built around your passions to amplify the voices of others. Approaching my career with a spirit of collaboration and service has positively shaped my experiences in fashion and beyond.
3. Change I'd like to see in my industry: It's been exciting to see the fashion industry celebrate and embrace inclusivity and different definitions of beauty.
4. Who I admire and why: Melinda Gates, for leading a remarkable life focused on addressing complicated and important global issues through the combination of compassion, collaboration, and innovation.
5. Book that left a lasting impression on me: Gloria Steinem's My Life on the Road is all about her commitment to feminism and fighting for women's rights. It's such an important conversation, and Gloria's story is really moving.
6. If I could live in a foreign city, it would be: I could absolutely see myself living in Paris full-time. The history, style, and culture is so rich and wonderful—each time I go, I find something new to love.
7. My perfect day would begin: With my favorite breakfast—egg whites, avocado, and Tabasco sauce— and an almond milk latte. After that, I would take my dog, Joe, for a walk and then head to the gym for a workout.
8. My perfect day would end: By grabbing dinner with girlfriends or watching movies at home with my family. It would also include some sort of baked good for dessert! (My gram's gingersnap recipe is a favorite.)
9. Something nice I did for myself recently, because, hey, why not? After fashion month, I took a few days off and went home [St. Louis] for my mom's birthday. After a long stretch of traveling for work, there's nothing better than relaxing and spending time with family.
10. If I could compete in an Olympic sport, I'd like it to be: I would love to be a gymnast! I was obsessed watching the U.S. gymnastics team dominate at the Rio Olympics last summer. I might be too tall to compete myself, though.
11. The beauty essential you'd have to pry out of my cold, dead hands: I am obsessed with the L'Oréal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Cream. [Kloss is a brand ambassador.] It's a natural tinted moisturizer perfect for makeup-free days.
12. What every woman should try once in her lifetime: Travel abroad on your own. It's a really freeing and rewarding experience, and it's during those solitary moments when you learn the most about yourself.
13. On my bucket list: I'd love to go to space someday!
This article appears in the March issue of Marie Claire, on newsstands February 14.