We've already started replenishing our fall wardrobes in anticipation of autumn, but the temperatures don't lie, we've still got a long way to go. This said, we intend to survive the sweltering heat by letting our shoulders breathe la Brigitte Bardot. Fear not if you don't have her scratching clavicles or svelte physique, off-the-shoulder tops and dresses are universally flattering and cater to ladylike posture. Not to mention, they're inherently sexy — as told by Bardot and her fellow screen sirens of the '50s and '60s. From the neovintage pink bustier dress to the smock white peasant top, these picks will satiate your sartorial appetite as summer winds down.
1. H&M Off-the-Shoulder Blouse, $24.95; hm.com.
2. River Island Black Stripe Bardot Crop Top, $32; us.riverisland.com.
3. Topshop Rouleau Strap Dress by Boutique, $140; topshop.com.
4. Stone Cold Fox Holy Tube Top, $308; farfetch.com.
5. Kenzo Belted Blouse, $370; farfetch.com.
6. LOVE Cold Shoulder Dress, $39.20; thehut.com.