Are diamonds really a girl's best friend? Not to knock Marilyn Monroe's famous declaration, but we think she might've been undervaluing the easy elegance of pearls. Whether they're in strand form or adorning modern accouterments, they're luminous, yet versatile and add a touch of Old Hollywood elegance to every look. Since we can't get enough of the pearlescent stuff, we've narrowed down 6 luxe add-ons that are so not your grandmother's hand-me-downs.
1. Santi Imitation Pearl Clutch, $218; shopbop.com.
2. J. Crew Pearl Twisted Hammock Necklace, $98; jcrew.com.
3. BaubleBar Pearl 360 Studs, $28; baublebar.com.
4. You Can 'Do It Hair Pin Set, $9.99; modcloth.com.
5. Sophia Kokosalaki Swarovski Pearl-Embellished Silk and Tulle Belt, $410; net-a-porter.com.
6. Topshop Round Sunglasses, $44; topshop.com.