There's nothing better than the perfect pair of jeans. A trusty wardrobe go-to, the right style can work just well with a t-shirt as a sparkly top and heels, and they're must-haves when packing for vacation. The only tricky part is finding the perfect pair. Luckily, Frame Denim founders Jens Grede and Erik Torstensson (the geniuses behind creative marketing firm The Saturday Group), whose jeans have become favorites for celebs and fashionista's alike—they've also collaborated with model Karlie Kloss on a collection, and most recently photographers Inez & Vinoodh—were willing to share their top tips on how to buy that elusive pair of perfect jeans.
1. "Experiment with different styles and don't be afraid to try anything once. If think you can't work a skinny or a high- waist, you may be surprised! Our Le Skinny de Jeanne have just the right amount of stretch through the whole leg to ensure maximum flattery in all the right spots, and the best thing is they don't sag!"
2. "If you think you need to avoid white, then think again. Jeans in white and cream hues are chic and modern."
3. "Investment is key if you want your denim to last. Jeans are now a part of most people's core wardrobe so investing in good fit and fabric is vital. Al of our jeans are made in LA with the best denim artisans in the world, it's no wonder is the denim capital."
4. "When going for flares ensure you get a good tailor. A flare should sit just above the heel so that they doesn't graze the ground, think uptown polished '70s vibe rather than underground hippy."
5. To avoid underwear exposure and gaping at the back, always ensure the gap between your body and the waistband of the jeans is no smaller than an inch.
6. The perfect baggy boyfriend jeans are slouchy but still fitted in certain areas, like the hips, to create a feminine shape. We love this style.
7. If you want to look smart then go for a jean in deep indigo like our Le Skinny de Jeanne in Queens Way, the darker wash looks sharp and chic.
8. Dress up distressed jeans with a smart shirt.
9. Overalls are playful and fun, ours have really taken off! Wear with sneakers for day and strappy sandals for a more grown up evening look.
10. If you plan to wear your jeans with heels, make sure you take them along on your shopping trip. Guessing will never do!
Image courtesy of Erik Torstensson