The best kind of beauty trend is one that's actually wearable because red eye shadow is not exactly "office appropriate." Plus, it makes most of us look like death warmed over. This is why last week's Michael Kors Fall 2012 show was such a bright spot. These are the girls I want to emulate every day — fresh-faced and pretty in that après ski way, but still sophisticated. Shiseido Artistic Director Dick Page created the look, and I have every intention of trying to replicate it!
- Start with a clean, well-moisturized base and apply a wash of Radiant Lifting Foundation (launching Fall 2012) to remove any redness or imperfections.
- To create a chevron-shaped flush on cheeks, blend a cool red lipstick like Perfect Rouge in Dragon onto the apples of the cheeks. Add a dab of foundation using a damp sponge.
- Intensify brows by blending in a similar shade. Dick customized using Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Sable, Meadow, Caviar, and Leather.
- With a shadow fluff brush, mix Luminizing Satin Face Color in Soft Beam Gold with slightly more High Beam White, and apply to the inner corner of the eye, blending out over the entire lid.
- Curl lashes and finish with black mascara on upper lashes only.
- Neutralize natural lip color with a bit of foundation. This will also give lipstick staying power.
- Apply Lacquer Rouge in Drama to the entire lip in a defined, precise manner. Blot with tissue and reapply three times to set the color.
Elizabeth Dehn is the editor-in-chief of Beauty Bets, an award-winning blog chock-full of product reviews, wellness tips, and DIY ideas.