A couple of months ago, I revealed my love for the clear nail and colored tip trend. With spring here (sort of—it's still a little chilly on the east coast), I decided to pump up my fingers with some seasonal colors. Each tip is a different vibrant, warm-weather-evoking shade. Here's how to get the look:
1. Cut your cuticles. The quickest and easiest way to do this is to use Nutra Nail's 30 Second Cuticle Remover ($3).
2. Buff your nails. I do it with Revlon's Crazy Shine Nail Buffer ($6).
3. Start with a base coat. I'm still liking Julep Nail Therapy ($16).
4. Fight breakage with a product like Nutra Nail Flex-Shield Nail Hardener ($4). It creates an extra-glossy base.
5. Apply your color of choice to each nail. On my hands, the blue is Sally Hansen Himalayan Blue ($4); the pink is POP Beauty Pinkest ($10); the yellow is Nails Inc. Carnaby Street ($18); and the orange is Zoya Arizona ($8). My thumb, like my pinky, is blue because I decided that when someone glances quickly at my hands, they're most likely to see only my other four fingers.
6. Finish with a fast-drying top coat.
Dara Adeeyo is a nail polish junkie who blogs her beauty diary on Dark Berry Beauty.