Fendi, $690, (800) FENDI-NY; Marc Jacobs, $596, (323) 653-5100; Miu Miu, $655, (888) 977-1900; Sergio Rossi, $710,sergiorossi.com for stores.
1. "Change heel heights several times a day. Feet and legs shouldn't be allowed to mold themselves to any one shoe shape."
2. "Shoes are an emotional accessory; hurt your feet, hurt your feelings."
3. "Befriend a salesperson who will tell you if a shoe will actually feel as good as it looks."
4. "If you feel all the weight in the front of your foot, this heel's your arch enemy — literally."
5. "Your foot needs to 'sit' in a shoe. If you can wedge two fingers between your sole and the shoe — bye-bye!"
6. "Platforms should be no more than one-and-a-half inches high — or you're dangling off a cliff."
7. "Think Cinderella: A heeled shoe must fit perfectly. Faking it with the wrong size will get ugly."
8. "Don't shoe shop with swollen feet — e.g., when it's hot or right after exercise."
9. "To elongate your legs, ankle straps should sit above the ankle bone."
10. "Still wobbling when you walk in your heels? Practice!"