Once upon a time, boys didn't make passes at girls who wore glasses. But in the '50s, cat-eye frames put an end to that. Shaped after the tail fins of the era's roadsters, the specs made it glam to look smart. Leading ladies like Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe sealed their sultry fate. Now, despite the comeback of '70s bug-eye specs, even Mary-Kate Olsen rocks the vintage rims. Never thought you'd see the day? Hindsight is always 20/20.
1. OMO Norma Kamali Eyewear, $250; normakamalicollection.com.
2. Cynthia Rowley, $250; cynthiarowley.com.
3. OMO Norma Kamali Eyewear, $250; normakamalicollection.com.
4. Sonia Rykiel, $860; (212) 369-3606.
5. Derek Lam at Modo Store, $320; (212) 625-0014.
6. Rochas, price upon request; rochas.com for stores.
7. Sonia Rykiel, $475; (212) 369-3606.
8. Alexander McQueen, $325; solsticestores.com for stores.
9. Tom Ford Eyewear, $360; (212) 359-0300.