Big Girl in a Skinny World: Amp Up Your Wardrobe
Amp up your wardrobe this year! MC's plus-size style guru Nicolette Mason dares you to rock these head-turners.
By Nicolette Mason
LIKE A LOT OF WOMEN, I take comfort in solid hues. They are safe and always flatter. The downside: How many black sweaters does a girl really need? This season is all about fresh starts. Begin yours by stepping beyond your comfort zone with one or two totally outside-the-box pieces—a blazer in a graphic print, a loud-and-proud statement necklace. You'll be amazed how they transform your wardrobe—and your outlook. Be sure to follow me on Twitter @nicolettemason for more plus-size tips!
1. DRESS (up to size 26), $70, 17 Sundays at Madison Plus Select; madisonplusselect.com.
2. BLUE JACKET (up to size 24W), $1,128, 3. STRIPED JACKET (up to size XXL), $298, 4. SKIRT (up to size 24W), $398, Lafayette 148 New York; lafayette148ny.com.
5. CLUTCH $675, Sophie Hulme at Saks Fifth Avenue; (212) 753-4000 for similar styles.
6. SHOES $178, Marciano; marciano.com.
Up-to-the-minute news, exclusives, and fashion finds for girls of every shape and size.
7. This spring, I'll be rocking the romantic yet edgy Nicolette Moto jacket that I designed exclusively for Mynt 1792 (mynt1792.com).
NEW AND IMPROVED
8. Check out Milwaukee-based BoutiqueLarrieux.com's revamped website, now featuring must-haves like NYDJ jeans!
9. I'm beyond obsessed with GarnerStyle.blogspot.com, by the San Francisco–based plus-size maven Chastity Garner Valentine.