Swathe Yourself: Blanket Coats That'll Take You From Summer to Fall
Stay cozy during those unseasonably cold nights.
By Lauren Valenti
During summer, even the most balmy of days can give way to chilly nights. Instead of reaching for the ol' zip-up hoodie, swathe yourself in one of fall's most versatile trends: the blanket coat. It was the Burberry Prorsum Fall 2014 show that kicked-off the cloaked craze, when all the models walked the runway during the finale in sumptuous, monogrammed wraps. Then, in May, Kate Moss officiated the trend — as only Kate Moss can — by stepping out, every-so-blithely, in a striped yellow blanket swept asymmetrically swept over her gamine frame.
If you fancy yourself ahead of the curve, there's no time like the present to invest in the equestrian-meets-bohemian look. Here, we've narrowed down 5 styles that'll keep you cozy during those unseasonably cold summer nights and remain in your wardrobe rotation as the temperatures drop.
1. Choies Geometry Blanket Wrap In Brown, $54.59; choies.com.
2. ModCloth Around the Embers Coat, $104.99; modcloth.com.
3. Isabel Marant Idoa Striped Blanket Coat, $660; matchesfashion.com.
4. Michael by Michael Kors, Plaid Poncho, $275; net-a-porter.com.
5. RVCA Turkic Sweater Knit Shawl, $31.99; 6pm.com.