Happy Hourglass: 5 Easy, Body-Contouring Midi Dresses
By Lauren Valenti
We can't heap enough praise on the midi bodycon dress. It's universally-flattering, feminine-form accentuating, boasts day-to-night wearability, and dare we say, is as comfortable as it is sexy. As fall looms but warmer temperatures prevail, we're investing in these seasonless frocks with every last penny of our shopping budget. And there's no time like the present now that the hotly-anticipated Roland Mouret for Banana Republic collection (prices range from $49.50 to $165) has launched. It's chock full of the French designer's signature structured, body-skimming dresses that'll transform you into a bombshell as soon as you slip them on. Trust. Shop our picks for this season's best, below:
1. River Island Red Racer Front Bodycon Midi Dress, $56; us.riverisland.com.
2. Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Taxa Stretch-Jersey Midi Dress, $475; net-a-porter.com.
3. Jason Wu Satin-Panel Ponto Dress, $1,495; matchesfashion.com.
4. Roland Mouret for Banana Republic Sloane One-Shoulder Colorblock Dress, $140; bananarepublic.gap.com.
5. Maggy London The Illusion Dress, $148; maggylondon.com.
6. Heather Asymmetrical Drape Midi Dress, $158; revolve.com.