Ease Into Fall Like Alexa Chung With Muted-Hue Prints
You can't go wrong à la Chung.
By Lauren Valenti
As we bid farewell to summer, we have no intention of saying goodbye to intricate prints we're just switching up the color palate. With the muted hues of the '60s and '70s in mind, we're shopping patterned pieces that'll standout just as easily as they band together with fall's omnipresent layers. Case in point: the hand-painted print Burberry Prorsum Fall 2014 number that Alexa Chung sported over the weekend. It's striking with its fluid shape and pronounced pattern, yet understated thanks to its subdued blues, violets, and pinks. The look is also reminiscent of something '60s chanteuse and fellow BrIt girl Marianne Faithful might've worn out on the town. Leave it to Chung to channel an icon whilst mastering the art of transitional dressing.
1. Burberry Prorsum Printed Silk-Georgette Blouse, $795; net-a-porter.com.
2. Zara Print T-Shirt, $49.90; zara.com.
3. Amy Paisley Print Relaxed Fit Trousers, $40; boohoo.com.
4. Topshop Karadia Floral Print Shirt, $68; topshop.com.
5. Club Monaco Brigid, $149.50; clubmonaco.com.
6. Touch of Tranquil Jacket, $49.99; modcloth.com.