Meet The New Denim Wash: Indigo
This fall, denim is staying true to its roots.
By Brittany Kozerski
Instead of looking for a new cut or artful distressing to update your denim supply, take a look at a vintage wash re-emerging. Denim designers from Prada to Nasty Gal are taking it back to denim's roots with the true blue indigo washes of the '70s. This season's styles boast classic silhouettes, minimal detailing, and washes primed to take you from end of summer to fall. Paired with a strong color like red or even a basic white tee, you can't go wrong. From skinny jeans to the perfect denim skirt, we've selected our favorite picks to purchase now
1. Madewell Indigo Linen Ex-Boyfriend Shirt, $79.50; madewell.com.
2. Nasty Gal Denim The Kink in Le Freak, $88; nastygal.com.
3. Nasty Gal Off the Cuff Denim Shorts, $26 (was $52); nastygal.com.
4. Les Expatries Field Combo Denim Skirt, $179; urbanoutfitters.com.
5. BDG Twig Cropped Low-Rise Jean, $39 ( was $64); urbanoutfitters.com.