Like I said in Marie Claire's Facebook Live experiment, the ideal first-date outfit shows your personal style without looking like you tried. *snort* We try—we try hard. To save you from panicking the morning of (because who's got time to change?), here's what you should wear for your next assignation, based on your sign. Tinder gods, take it from here.
Channeling Carolyn Bessette minimalism plus your signature red. So clean, so classically alluring.
1. Young Frankk gold choker, $102, youngfrankk.com.
2. Datura silk dress, $230, datura.com.
3. Maria Black rhodium and gold bracelet, $340, net-a-porter.com.
4. Vagabond No. 70 leather bag, $225, urbanoutfitters.com.
4. Zara mules, $90, zara.com.
What could be more Taurus-traditional than a "going-out top" and jeans? Here, we have some fun with the single shoulder and the blingy accessories.
1. COS one-shoulder top, $49, cosstores.com.
2. H&M drop earrings, $10, hm.com.
3. Zara mid-rise asymmetrical hem jeans, $50, zara.com.
4. Stela 9 beaded pouch, $35, revolve.com.
5. Trademark pom-pom slides, $398, trade-mark.com.
Remember: If he can't handle you at your most colorful, you and that hot outfit can walk right out of there.
1. Front Row Shop bunny-print pajama jacket, $72, frontrowshop.com.
2. Zara layered dress, $70, zara.com.
3. MPNT gold spike earring, $170, mychamelon.com.au.
4. Sondra Roberts marble clutch, $85, nastygal.com.
5. Topshop fringe heels, $100, topshop.com.
Your thing is pure pretty, which you shall have as a sweet lace dress and the tiniest, most precious satin bag ever.
1. MAKE cream lipstick, $12, makebeauty.com.
2. Mango lace dress, $80, shop.mango.com.
3. Givenchy clip-on star earrings, $365, mytheresa.com.
4. Ted Baker satin top-handle mini bag, $144, asos.com.
5. & Other Stories glitter pumps, $125, stories.com.
Three words: luxe, luxe, luxe. Don't you love that Baroque heel?
1. MSGM ruffle top, $395, modaoperandi.com.
2. Monica Sordo rhodium and gold earrings, $580, fivestoryny.com.
3. Tibi draped skirt, $525, tibi.com.
4. Candamill frame clutch, $3,700, candamill.com.
5. Tory Burch sculpted-heel sandals, $575, toryburch.com.
Stay true to your boho roots but inject some bourgeois with a top-shelf bag and earrings.
1. Shaesby sapphire earrings, $1,190, shaesby.com.
2. For Love and Lemons mini-dress, $259, pixiemarket.com.
3. Little Liffner embossed bag, $283, littleliffner.com.
4. Perla Formentini leather sandal, $365, perlaformentini.com.
The blazer says "I'm elegant." The '90s supermodel dress says "But I'm also down to party."
1. Simone Rocha crystal drop earring, $275, brownsfashion.com.
2. Zara embossed clutch, $40, zara.com.
3. Front Row Shop two-piece blazer, $85, frontrowshop.com.
4. Realisation Par mini-dress, $160, realisationpar.com.
5. Frances Valentine metallic leather slingbacks, $465, francesvalentine.com.
Scorpio *would* wear a bustier on the first date. (I can say that because I am one.)
1. Sorelle pearl earring, $120, sorellenyc.com.
2. Title A bustier top, $285, net-a-porter.com.
3. Title A wide-leg trousers, $470, net-a-porter.com.
4. Marques Almeida ostrich feather bag, $645, openingceremony.com.
5. Dear Frances heels, $475, dearfrances.com.
We want you to be comfortable, hence the tried-and-true T-shirt and jeans, but we also want your date to be able to see your sick bra (in your power color purple) through said T-shirt.
1. Else crochet bra, $96, journelle.com.
2. T by Alexander Wang muscle T, $80, net-a-porter.com.
3. Topshop beaded jeans, $130, topshop.com.
4. Mango cross-body bag, $40, shop.mango.com.
5. M.Gemi suede mules, $228, mgemi.com.
Is this a work dress? Probably, but the shoes definitely aren't office-wear.
1. Double Disco hoop earrings, $140, doubledisco.com.
2. Topshop drape shift dress, $75, topshop.com.
3. De Gris top-handle clutch, degris.com.
4. Cecelia New York buckle heels, $230, cecelianewyork.com.
Blue, an interesting silhouette, ~fashun~. Done.
1. From St. Xavier silver half-moon clutch, $89, asos.com.
2. New Revival bell-sleeve dress, $122, pixiemarket.com.
3. Hómini Studio silver choker, $95, hoministudio.com.
4. Kurt Geiger strappy sandals, $215, kurtgeiger.us.
Ugh, to be the soft, pretty sign that gets to wear this off-the-shoulder romper.
1. Alice McCall playsuit, $300, modaoperandi.com.
2. Capucinne diamond halo earrings, $515, capucinne.com.
3. Donatienne circle bag, $395, donatienne.com.
4. Aldo sandals, $110, aldoshoes.com.