I am, admittedly, late to The Hunger Games party, but after seeing the heart-stopping movie trailer, I picked up the first book in the airport. I'm now halfway through the second book, and am counting down to the March 23 film release.
Jennifer Lawrence, the actress who plays Katniss Everdeen, recently went on tour to promote the film. Hairstylist David Babaii (Kate Hudson's mane man) did her 'do for each stop, my favorite of which was a half-up, half-down, Brigitte Bardot look. I'll be trying this one at home as I daydream about District 12.
1. Apply Italy Purity Design Pure Fluid Experience ($11), a modeling serum, to damp, clean hair for a medium-soft hold.
2. Dry hair with fingers to create defined texture, smoothing bangs straight with a round brush.
3. Take the top and sides, lifting them slightly, and secure with pins for a small not Snooki bump.
4. Curl the bottom section with a large barrel iron to create loose waves.
5. Finish by finger-combing hair with a medium-hold hairspray I like Italy Purity Design Pure Definition Hairspray ($17.50) to keep loose waves in place.
Elizabeth Dehn is the editor-in-chief of Beauty Bets, an award-winning blog chock-full of product reviews, wellness tips, and DIY ideas.