So, You Really Want to Walk in These Heels?
Sergio Rossis creative director, Edmundo Castillo, swears you can comfortably if you follow his advice....
Photo Credit: Jeff Harris
Fendi, $690, (800) FENDI-NY; Marc Jacobs, $596, (323) 653-5100; Miu Miu, $655, (888) 977-1900; Sergio Rossi, $710,sergiorossi.com for stores.
1. Change heel heights several times a day. Feet and legs shouldnt be allowed to mold themselves to any one shoe shape."
2. Shoes are an emotional accessory; hurt your feet, hurt your feelings.
3. Befriend a salesperson who will tell you if a shoe will actually feel as good as it looks.
4. If you feel all the weight in the front of your foot, this heels your arch enemy literally.
5. Your foot needs to sit in a shoe. If you can wedge two fingers between your sole and the shoe bye-bye!
6. Platforms should be no more than one-and-a-half inches high or youre dangling off a cliff.
7. Think Cinderella: A heeled shoe must fit perfectly. Faking it with the wrong size will get ugly.
8. Dont shoe shop with swollen feet e.g., when its hot or right after exercise.
9. To elongate your legs, ankle straps should sit above the ankle bone.
10. Still wobbling when you walk in your heels? Practice!