Match Point: 7 Retro-Inspired Tennis Wares
Serve up classic tennis knits and accessories.
By Lauren Valenti
We've spent just enough time on the tennis court i.e. one blazing hot summer afternoon to know there's something to be said for cool, comfortable attire. But once we start dipping back into the fashion archives, we're enchanted by players' elaborate style of yore. Everything was just so crisp, tailored, and utterly chic. Fortunately, this season has an abundance of vintage-inspired pieces, from head accessories to throw-on knits, we can work into our wardrobes on and off the court.
1. Nine West Packable Visor, $24; macys.com.
2. Kule Penelope Silk Pleated Dress, $375; kule.com.
3. Monreal London Flamingo Cotton-Canvas and PVC Tennis Racket Bag, $910; net-a-porter.com.
4. ModCloth But of Courts! Dress, $49.99; modcloth.com.
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Cotton-Silk Animal Diamond Scarf, $145; stylebop.com.
6. Rag & Bone Talia V-Neck, $395; rag-bone.com.
7. Tretorn Nylite Canvas Tennis Sneakers, $75; net-a-porter.com.