Mad Decade: A Modern Take on Zelda Fitzgerald's '20s Style
Jazz Age staples you can sport today.
By Lauren Valenti
Today marks what would've been Zelda Fitzgerald's 114th birthday. While her golden age hath long passed, her vivacious spirit it's a thing of legend, really has been immortalized by the famous works of her husband F. Scott Fitzgerald. Deemed the "first American flapper," by her other half, Fitzgerald epitomized 1920s glamour with her bobbed haircut, tea gowns, silk satin dance shoes, and sparkling deco jewels. Her style was a reflection of the women's rights movement, which emancipated women from the constricting, feminine-form enhancing garments of yore. Since most of today's clothes err on the side of comfort and ease, it's more simple than you think to build a look around Fitzgerald's Jazz Age staples.
1. Emilio Pucci Silk Printed Scarf, $485; stylebop.com.
2. Ben-Amun Bridal Crystal Deco Brooch, $195; charmandchain.com.
3. Hope Collection Top, $116; yoox.com.
4. Adam Lippes Grosgrain-stripe Midi Pencil Skirt, $690; matchesfashion.com.
5. Aquazzura Belgravia Flat, $650; barneys.com.