Hair How-To: The Perfect Ballerina Bun
You don't need to be a prima ballerina to rock a pretty bun on the top of your head. Follow these simple steps and you'll have a polished 'do every time. Compliments guaranteed.
By Michelle Guerrere
What You'll Need:
A paddle hairbrush
Two hair elastics
A foam hair donut
1. Brush hair into a high ponytail right at the top of your head. Make sure to include any bangs.
2. Put ponytail through the hole in the hair donut.
3-4. Lift ponytail up high and spread into two fairly equal sections one at the top and one at the bottom.
5. Spread the hair. Place top section of hair over the top portion of the donut and spread the bottom section of hair over the bottom portion of the donut, making sure the whole donut is covered.
6. Let the bun take shape. Hold the donut so you can see a bun take shape and let the ends of the hair remain loose.
7. Take the top section of loose ends and twist it around the base of the bun (moving clockwise) and secure with a bobby pin.
8. Take a hair elastic and put it around the bun (only wrap it once).
9. Twist the loose hair from the bottom section clockwise.
10. Secure the loose hair in front of the bun with a bobby pin so it hides the hair elastic.
11. Spray with hairspray for all-day hold and tada!
*Add bobby pins when needed.
More Ballet Inspiration
10 Ballet Inspired Beauty Looks