When youre a beauty editor, people constantly ask you what you wash your face with, among other recommendations. Of course, extensive market work prohibits one from getting too attached, but at the moment, there are exactly six products that I am double-dutch obsessed with. You know, since (some of) you asked.
1.Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant: This is where my skincare regimen begins and ends. Because I am lazy, I use this rice-based enzyme powder as a cleanser, eye makeup remover and exfoliant all-in-one. And its gentle enough to work as such. The frequent yet not so harsh removal of cranky old skin cells equals brighter complexion, fewer breakouts, period.
2. Skinceuticals CE Ferulic: Ask any of the countless friends and colleagues that Ive turned on to this product. Yes, it makes your skin glow in an instant. Yes, it's expensive. But yes, the mega antioxidant combination punch is worth every single penny if you want to battle photoaging and look awesome while doing it.
3. StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles: Considering my age and lifestyle, by all rights my mug should be framed by grisly crows feet. Miraculously, you can barely see them, and I have to assume I have this godsend to thank!
4. Rodin Olio Lusso Face Oil: I recently moved into an apartment that has a tub, and have officially become a bath whore! Seriously folks, I take a bath almost every single night, and after I climb out of the tub, while my face is still slightly damp, I slather my face and neck in this stuff in hopes that it penetrates more deeply. The mix of 11 pure essential oils smells like a dream, and I now realize that high-quality oil does not break you out, even if you have oily skin (like me).
5. Nelsons Acne Gel Pure & Clear: Okay, because I am terrified of breaking out, I do swipe a bit of this on top of my Olio Lusso. It smells super clean and fresh and contains arnica, tea tree and sulfur to prevent and treat spots and inflammation. Also, it costs about $4!
6. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Foundation: Another super affordable drugstore staple, the sponge applicator ensures the product glides on evenly, and it evens out your skintone without screaming, Im wearing makeup.