How To Fight Frizzy Hair
Photo Credit: Greg Delves
Q: My long, thick hair is always frizzy and I can never do anything with it. Help!
There are several ways to combat frizz, says hairstylist Alan Tosler of the tosler.davis salon in New York City. Here are his tips to keep your hair healthy and under control:
1. Get your hair trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks. This will stop split ends from splitting up the hair shaft and causing hair to frizz out.
2. When blow-drying, use a nozzle on your dryer to direct the heat down the hair shaft, smoothing it out, and a round brush with boar bristles. Tosler recommends applying a no-frizz product before styling, like Rene Furterer No Frizz Gel.
3. When letting hair dry naturally, don't put your fingers through your hair until it is completely dry -- especially on humid days.
4. Avoid washing and blow-drying your hair every day, as this strips your locks of its natural oils. Tosler recommends using hydrating Terax shampoos and cream conditioners every second day.
5. Deep-condition your hair once a week with a hair mask like Avon Advanced Techniques Deep Conditioning Mask.
6. Keep a frizz-control serum, such as John Frieda Frizz-Ease, in your desk at work for midday touch-ups. Pour a few drops into hands, then smooth over your hair for instant shine.