16 Reasons to Give Your Skin a Break on the Weekend
Saturday and Sunday are for perfecting your skin care regime.
By Hallie Gould
1. Your skin will thank you. Makeup is essential to look polished and feel confident at work. So, give your face a weekend getaway to focus on skin care: its hydration time baby!
2. You can get out the door for brunch in 15 minutes flat. This means one blissfully crucial thing: more sleep on Sundays.
3. The feeling of the sun on your bare face. This is the best feeling ever, remember? And by bare we mean covered with lots of SPF (obvs).
4. The feeling of just washed, toned, and moisturized skin lasts all day. Best feeling ever 2.0.
5. Weekend shopping trips are way less nerve-racking. The whole "oops I got bronzer on this shirt and now I don't want to buy it so I'll just hide it in this rack over here..." is no longer your issue.
6. You don't have to remove your makeup at the end of the day before reapplying for a night out. Or layer more on top. Yikes.
7. You never have to worry about keeping your lipstick on while eating a lunch. Or drinking coffee. Or that juice bar's green hangover cure.
8. Compliments are a-flowing when you finally do put on makeup and your skin is glowing. And compliments are fun!
9. Raccoon eyes no longer exist before a night out. Just think how much cleaner your face towels will be.
10. You can put on facial moisturizer throughout the day. It's all about the reapply on the go, in bed, on the couch...
11. Breakouts are less likely to occur before Date Night. NO ZITS = FEELING CONFIDENT
12. You can accessorize your bare face with hip sunglasses. Look cool and protect your eyes from harmful rays. Thats what we like to call double-duty beauty.
13. The inevitable summer-makeup-dripping-off-your-face-thing will never bother you again. Dealing with melted foundation on the screen of your smartphone is tiresome.
14. You're beautiful no matter what. Cue the Xtina song.
Image via Giphy
Follow Hallie Gould on Twitter.