O: Oily Skin
Photo credit: Greg Delves
Fabulous-looking skin comes from a great skin-care regimen. New York cosmetic dermatologist Howard Sobel suggests a simple daily routine for oily skin.
1. Use a benzoyl peroxide face wash in the morning and a 2% salicylic acid wash at night. Try: Oxy10 Balance Maximum Strength Acne Wash and Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash.
2. Follow the wash with glycolic acid pads or astringent to remove excess oil. Try: MD Formulations Sensitive Skin Lotion.
3. Finish with a water-based oil-free moisturizer. Try: Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion with SPF 15.
You can also use makeup to battle oily shine, says Robin Narvaez, makeup artist at Borja Color Studio in Manhattan.
1. Use an oil-free liquid foundation. Try: Almay Skin Stays Clean LiquidFoundation.
2. Apply a translucent loose powder all over your face. Try: Oil of Olay LoosePowder.
3. Carry blotting papers in your purse for shine control all day long. Try:Clean & Clear Clear Touch Oil-Absorbing Sheets.