Beauty Tricks for Travel
By Wendy Schmid
Photo Credit: Jeff Harris
4. PHILIP B AFRICAN SHEA BUTTER SHAMPOO: "This hydrating shampoo keeps my hair ultra-soft without weighing it down. For extra softness, I'll follow with Terax's Original Crema Conditioner."
5. OPI ITALIAN LOVE AFFAIR POLISH: "This perfect shade of pink works with all of my summer sandals."
6. LA MER LIP BALM: "I never thought I'd spend this much money [$45] on a lip balm that has no color, but I can put it on at night or on the plane, and it keeps my lips 100 percent moisturized for hours. Plus, the minty taste is great when you're kissing your man!"
7. PAIGE PREMIUM DENIM BLUE HEIGHTS SKINNY JEANS AND A PAUL SMITH CASHMERE WRAP: "These two items have become my travel uniform. They keep me comfortable and cozy while I'm on the plane and I still look polished when I arrive at my destination."
8. DRIED, UNSWEETENED MANGOS: "These are always in my bag my healthy pick-me-up."
9. TEAS' TEA: My favorite is Lemongrass. It keeps me hydrated and I love reading the haiku on the back of the bottle."
10. COLORSCIENCE SUNFORGETTABLE SPF 30 IN ALL CLEAR: "My publicist gave me this before my trip to Las Ventanas Spa in Mexico. It's a fantastic brush-on powder sunscreen, so you never feel greasy by the pool. It's also legal to bring on board the plane!"
11. CARTHUSIA I PROFUMI DI CAPRI: "I always pick up several of these scents when I'm in Italy."
12. BOND NO. 9 CANDLES: "When I'm in New York, I'm constantly on the go, but I always make time to stop in a Bond store. Their Chinatown votive is perfect for in-my-hotel-room meditations."