What's in Julianne Moore's Makeup Bag?
By Ning Chao
Photo Credit: Jeffrey Westbrook/Studio D
The Purist: Julianne Moore
Though this ethereal Celtic beauty wouldn't look out of place wandering the Scottish moors, she's actually in her element strolling Downtown Manhattan with her two children, sans makeup. Here, the basics that keep her looking naturally gorgeous.
When not pursuing and landing some of Hollywood's most provocative leading roles, Julianne Moore lives simply and "as green as I can." She has recently become an advocate for the Natural Products Association, whose mandate is to certify products as at least 95 percent natural, with renewable ingredients and nothing that's potentially toxic (like parabens). For Moore, it's personal. "My two kids have eczema, so I have to be vigilant about what goes on their skin. It helps when I'm shopping to see the NPA's seal of approval the little green leaf."
1. YSL Besace Flap Bag in Sky Anthracite
2. Kiehl's Original Musk
3. Chelsea Piers bottle: "We all drink good NYC tap water at my house and carry it around in these bottles."
4. Tarte Cheek Stain in Blushing Bride
5. YSL Luxurious Mascara in Rich Brown: "I wear mascara when I'm feeling depressed."
6. Kérastase Nutritive Masquintense: "My hair is coarse, and if I don't have a blowout, I'll pull it into a tight ponytail so it dries straight at the crown."
7. Burt's Bees Milk & Honey Body Lotion and Replenishing Lip Balm: "Our whole family loves these. With the tinted balm, my daughter thinks she's putting on lipstick."
8. By Terry Laque de Rose lip glosses: "The pink and lavender shades are closest to my natural lip color."
9. Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer: "Along with walking on the shady side of the street whenever possible, I've been using sunscreen every day since I was 25."