What's In Marie Villepin's Makeup Bag?
Photo Credit: Jeff Harris
5. SHU UEMURA EYELASH CURLER: "I don't wear mascara during the day, so to make my lashes stand out if I'm going on a casting call, for example, I just curl them a bit."
6. KIEHL'S BLUE ASTRINGENT: "A fellow model/actress friend, Rie Rasmussen, taught me everything about the business-including serious skincare. She introduced me to this, and I never leave home without it."
7. MAGNOLIA OIL FROM LENOR GREYL: "I use a lot of oil: this Magnolia Oil on my skin and Opalis L'Huile [available at beautyhabit.com] on the ends of my hair at bedtime."
8. GIVENCHY ANGE OU DÉMON: "When I was a child in India and Venezuela, smells were so present in my life that I hardly wore perfume. But now I do: This one makes you feel different, because it's an uncommon aroma [featuring lily and Maxillaria orchid]."
9. DIORSHOW BLACK MASCARA, 13. LANCÔME BLACK KOHL PENCIL: "Stephan Marais is a French makeup artist, and this is his trick for smoky eyes: Apply lots of kohl pencil and mascara, then remove most of it with a cotton pad. What's left behind is a perfect sultry gaze."
10. & 11. GIVENCHY CRYSTAL GLOSS: "My little extras for nighttime."
12. TERRACOTTA BRONZER BY GUERLAIN: "Another secret weapon from Rie. She taught me to mix the bronzer with a little coconut oil and apply to the apples of my cheeks for a nice glow."
14. GUITAR PICKS: "I'm learning how to play guitar. I have a nice old Tatay acoustic. I'm self-taught-and my poor roommates have to bear with me!"
15. A FEW THINGS I ALWAYS HAVE WITH ME: "My diary-it contains my drawings, little poems I write, and Polaroids. And I bring my 13-inch Powerbook G4. I like to stay connected wherever I am. And my iPod. I like all kinds of music, especially heavy metalKorn, Nine Inch Nails, Tool."