Happy "Blue Monday," folks! According to the Daily Mail, web analytics show that people are most perturbed on the Monday they return to work after New Year's. And while we can appreciate feeling groggy on the first full work-week since December, we believe that this day is certainly no worse than any other Monday. Here are all the silver linings as to why being back in the cube is no big deal:
1. You've learned to combat the whole "I hate Mondays" mentality with the bottle of white wine chilling in your refridgerator for later.
2. You probably already came back to the office last week after New Year's Day anyway, so what's the big deal?
3. You officially have your full two weeks of vacay back (St. Barths anyone?) YAY 2014!
4. You're single. Except you were single yesterday (and the day before, too). Bonus about being single: you can sleep diagonal across your bed. You can wear the same sweatpants 3 days in a row and no one will be there to judge you. You can eat pizza for breakfast and have pancakes for dinner and you don't need to "compromise" about where to order in from.
5. Maybe your New Year's kiss left something to be desired but SO WHAT?! Valentine's Day is over a month away and that is plenty of time to lock down some sugar.
6. Holiday shopping is over and you can officially stop abusing desserts (at least holiday-themed ones).
7. You still have some time before depression really sets in on the day you receive your holiday-time credit card statement, which typically arrives 3-5 business days after your credit cycle closes.* (*Depression dates may vary).
8. Seamless always has New Years resolution deals (so do gyms, but whatevs).
9. It's winter and while that is sometimes depressing, it also gives you every right to stay in with your DVR and footie pajamas eating a hybrid mix of popcorn, dumplings, and chocolates.
10. Everyone is way more in the mood to drink, and drinking is fun and cocktails taste great.
11. You can buy something to cheer you up and not have to worry about anyone seeing the obscene amount of money you just dropped on a winter white mohair sweater. And matching hat.
12. You're officially starting a tradition of calling in sick on this day every year, and treating yourself to a morning of sleeping in, a spa treatment, and some shopping.
So, smile! Everything's going to be okay!
Follow Hallie Gould on Twitter.