What Nutritionists Really Eat
By Danielle Braff and Erin Flaherty
Photo Credit: J. Kantor/Getty Image
Location: Los Angeles
Weight: 142 pounds
Clients: Emily Deschanel, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Andy Richte
The tab: Initial consultation package, including unlimited e-mail correspondence, starts at $350.
Fitness regimen: Works out every day for at least one hour. Alternates between Spin class, weights, yoga, and a personal training session.
Indulgences: Dark chocolate, raw goat- or sheep-milk cheese, red wine, hemp milk chai latte.
M.O.: "I'm shooting CW's Shedding for the Wedding, so it's been crazy, but I am not OK with putting processed food or poor-quality proteins into my body. In case there isn't anything I deem worthy available, I make sure to carry vegan protein supplements, to which I can add greens, coconut water, or water that I filter through a 3M reverse-osmosis system. That allows me to have an on-the-go snack that won't bloat me and keeps my energy stable throughout the day. Hemp provides a complete vegetarian protein and is an important fatty acid for hair, skin, and nails and hormone regulation."
Core advice: "Always choose the best-quality foods and drinks, and you'll provide your body with all it needs to function efficiently. Understand nutrition in order to make good food choices."
- Lemon tea with fresh, raw grated ginger, a squeeze of lemon, and Stevia to taste (a natural, calorie-free sweetener), 24 fl oz 3 calories
- Water with lemon slice and Align Probiotic Supplement, 8 fl oz 0 calories
- Organic kale smoothie (fresh kale, apple, ginger, 3 tbsp hemp protein powder), 12 fl oz 213 calories
- Nature's Path Optimum Slim cereal, 4 oz 105 calories
- 15 almonds 105 calories
- Salad (organic greens, shiitake mushrooms, 1 tbsp hemp seeds, 1 tsp gomasio [sesame salt], 1 tbsp Bragg Ginger & Sesame Salad Dressing), 24 oz 232 calories
- Chamomile mint tea, 8 fl oz 0 calories
- Water with one scoop of rice protein powder, 6 fl oz 100 calories
- 80 percent dark chocolate, 1.5 oz 268 calories
- Wild salmon sashimi on cucumbers, 2 oz 95 calories
- Green beans in black bean sauce, 4 oz 262 calories
- Seaweed-wrapped albacore tuna with ponzu sauce, 2 oz 111 calories
- Edamame (5) 10 calories
- Miso cod, 4 oz 77 calories
- Water with 1tbsp chia seeds and half a lemon, 16 fl oz 70 calories
- Hot water with 1 tbsp Natural Calm magnesium, 8 fl oz 0 calories
TOTAL DAILY CALORIES: 1,758