What Nutritionists Really Eat
By Danielle Braff and Erin Flaherty
Photo Credit: michael balderas/iStockphoto
Location: NYC and Los Angeles
Weight: 110 pounds
Clients: Owen Wilson, Drew Barrymore, Olivia Wilde
The tab: Services start at $350 per hour.
Fitness regimen: Vinyasa yoga three to five days a week for 90 minutes. Twenty of those minutes are devoted to meditation.
Indulgences: Dark chocolate, gluten-free brownies and cookies.
M.O.: "My approach is rooted in digestion, so I look at the order and the combination of the foods themselves. For example, I never eat fruit after eating protein or starches. I also don't drink water while I'm eating because I believe that it slows down the digestion of food in my system."
Core advice: "Don't count calories or reduce food to numbers 400 calories from potato chips and 400 calories from an avocado are not the same thing."
- Hot water with half a lemon, 8 fl oz 1 calorie
- Fruit-and-veggie smoothie (fresh lettuce, spinach, celery, apple, pear, banana, lemon juice, parsley), 32 fl oz 332 calories
- Salad (arugula, sprouts, avocado, tomatoes, cabbage, cucumbers, raw sauerkraut, nutritional yeast dressing, lemon juice, cilantro, basil, sea vegetables),16 oz 511 calories
- Rainbow Light EnzyMend digestive enzyme supplement
- Kale salad (kale, cucumbers, sprouts, tomatoes, raw sauerkraut, 3 tbsp nutritional yeast dressing, lemon juice, cilantro, basil, nori), 16 oz 276 calories
- Two raw "tacos" stuffed with chopped walnuts, cumin, coriander, and raw soy sauce and wrapped in collard greens, 4 oz 720 calories
- 72 percent dark chocolate, 1 oz 179 calories
TOTAL DAILY CALORIES: 2,019