MELT (Myofascial Energetic Length Technique) is a one-of-a-kind method that is backed by science and approved by thousands of satisfied clients. It uses specially designed foam rollers as well as MELT hand and foot balls to empower people of all stages of life to take control of their aging process. The M.E.L.T. Method™ (MELT) is a revolutionary approach to pain-free living that is changing the way people take care of their bodies.
This simple self-care tool is the “missing link” to pain-free fitness because a different system of the body is being addressed—MELT is to connective tissue what weight training is to muscle or yoga is to flexibility. Now you can self-treat your body's connective tissue while also maximizing the effectiveness of every other health and fitness regimen.
MELT is a proactive approach to maintaining a healthy, pain-free, active lifestyle while creating a strong, flexible body that maintains upright posture for life.
New research has revealed the missing link to pain-free living: maintaining healthy connective tissue. Sue Hitzmann has integrated this groundbreaking science with proven therapeutic techniques to create MELT.
Hitzmann believes MELT is for anyone who wants to slow down the aging process and live better, longer. For those in their 40s, 50s, and older who want to get the most out of life and stay active, mobile, and independent.
- MELT is for active younger adults who want a fit, toned body that moves with alignment and ease.
- MELT is for athletes who want to achieve optimal fitness and sports performance without debilitating wear and tear.
- Even if you are pregnant, injured, post-surgery, overweight, sedentary, out of shape, or have limited mobility, chronic pain, knee or hip replacements, or bone disorders—you can still MELT.
- It’s the best starting point for any exercise program.
- MELT creates a strong, flexible body that maintains its upright posture for life.
MELT supposedly erases the physical and emotional stress that accumulates in our bodies, specifically in our connective tissue. Connective tissue surrounds and protects every joint, muscle, bone, and organ in the body, creating a network of support. Researchers have recently discovered that connective tissue requires regular maintenance, without which “stuck stress” manifests as joint and muscle pain and a number of other common health complaints.
Consider an average day: sitting at a desk for hours, carrying heavy bags, experiencing many forms of stress, and—on a good day—exercising. Our body pays a price for these activities, even the exercise. Many experience stiffness, weakness, and aches and pains that with time will only intensify. MELT brings your body back to its ideal state by keeping your connective tissue in top condition.
MELT is easy to learn, backed by cutting-edge research, and offers immediate results that are seen and felt with simple self-assessments. All you need is a special foam roller, MELT hand and foot balls, and your own body weight to have access to this remarkable proactive solution to pain-free living. MELT fanatics claim the first time you MELT, you will experience instant relief and improved body ease. Changes in posture, flexibility, performance, and joint motion occur after only a few sessions. MELT empowers your body by restoring its internal support system, and the reward is enhanced overall health. Every time you MELT, you will notice an immediate change. MELT a minimum of three times a week for 15 minutes to experience long-lasting benefits. And if you want to MELT every day because it feels so good, that’s okay too.
MELT is unlike any other techniques (Yoga, Pilates, Physical Therapy) because it is the only one that specifically focuses on connective tissue.
MELT maximizes the effectiveness of every other health and fitness regimen. Poses, reps, laps, breathing exercises, cardiovascular workouts—any activity is improved when your muscles and joints have the support they need.
MELT before strength training to hydrate your connective tissue and prep the body for optimal performance. MELT after a cardio workout to erase the joint compression that causes pain and discomfort. People who MELT regularly find that they want to exercise more often. It’s just more fun to move when your body feels good, has more energy, and is free of pain.
The M.E.L.T. Method™ has been reviewed by internationally respected doctors, clinicians, researchers, authors, and educators, including Ben Domb, M.D.; Tom Myers; Gil Hedley, Ph.D.; Robert Schleip, Ph.D.; and Jean Pierre Barral, D.O. Each expert has recognized that the M.E.L.T. Method™ is grounded in scientific principles and offers extraordinary benefits.
As with any program, there are precautions and considerations that must be taken in order to achieve an exclusively positive result.
The goal of MELT-ing is a pain-free, active, healthy body. You will not over-stimulate the connective tissue or any other system of the body if you follow these guidelines:
- As we age, connective tissue becomes less uniformed and space decreases between the joints. MELT addresses this specifically, however, if you are over the age of 65, extra caution should be taken.
- If osteoporosis, osteopenia or any other bone degeneration or dysfunction is present, limit the duration you lie directly on the roller with lengthening techniques and purchase the pink soft pro-roller.
- If you currently have no injuries or bone issues, for a slightly deeper pressure, use the OPTP Pro-Roller (green or blue roller). A maximum of 8-10 minutes on your back on the roller is allowed. If the maximum time is reached, reassess at rest for one to two minutes before returning to the roller. Use the pink, soft pro-foam roller to reduce pressure on any specific area that may have greater restriction.
MELT accessories can be found at the Orthopedic Physical Therapy Products website.
Check your local gym/club for MELT classes or go online.