New York, NY
Responsible for creating templates using CSS and HTML, and working with developers to integrate the templates and content into the content management system. Will also optimize the site layout, site performance, and check cross-browser compatibility. Other responsibilities include: Work with other departments to ensure that content is posted on time and accurately; train other producers, set and manage priorities for multiple tasks; must have excellent time-management skills.
- Write and utilize HTML and CSS to implement and maintain site design and features.
- Create and manage Flash elements that are integrated within the site.
- Hold final accountability for quality of HTML & CSS coding on the site.
Graphics: Update, modify and correct graphical design elements, including navigation and image names; Create headers; handle any other graphical requests.
Content: Manage the way content appears on the site. Assist with creating and managing interactive content such as polls and quizzes; and coordinating content from external content providers.
- Work with SEO expert and site editors to ensure content is appropriately titled and tagged for search engine optimization.
- Work with designers, content writers, project managers, technology team and other contributors to ensure site is released on time. Follow-up to resolve any issues with site/product.
- In-depth knowledge of graphics programs (e.g. Adobe Photoshop).
- Strong knowledge of interactive interface tools (e.g. Macromedia Flash).
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills; ability to interact professionally with external clients as necessary.