Hearst Magazines Digital Media, a division of the Hearst Corporation, is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team in developing and supporting a variety of applications, such as web sites, rich media applications, and content management tools. The Software Quality Assurance Analyst will work with other members of the QA team to ensure quality in an environment characterized by a rapid pace of development and simultaneous deployment of multiple projects. A successful candidate will be able to work independently, taking initiative and following a project through the entire development cycle, from the initial gathering of requirements to post-launch reviews, and at the same time assisting other QA personnel with other projects and testing.
- 3+ years software quality assurance/testing experience, preferably with web-based software.
- Experience with writing test plans, test designs, and test cases.
- Experience testing client/server and web applications.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills required.
- Basic familiarity of HTML.
- Experience with various versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and other web browsers.
- Experience with various versions of Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Ensure the quality of Hearst Corporation software products.
- Review requirements and technical documentation to develop appropriate test plans.
- Work with developers to design test criteria.
- Design, write and execute test plans and test cases.
- Communicate effectively the QA strategy to all stakeholders.
- Work with outside vendors and coordinate QA efforts with any vendor QA assets.
- Perform manual functional and regression testing of web based software.
- Document and track software defects.
- Provide regular written project status updates to project team.