13 Signs He's Never Going To Commit
Why haven't you seen him in the daylight? (A) Because he can't commit. (B) Because he's a vampire. (C) Because he is a commitment-phobic vampire.
By Anna Breslaw
1. He calls all his exes this girl I was kinda dating or kinda hooking up with. If he rarely/never uses the word ex, that could be a sign that hes had commitment issues for quite a while.
2. He doesnt make plans more than one day in advance. Men call this, living in the moment. Women call this, What the hell is wrong with you? Im too busy for this shit.
3. He doesnt refer to you as a couple in the future.And this isnt just like, When do I get to meet your mother? or any obvious future-stuff like that. I just mean things like Next month itll probably be warm enough for us to barbeque, or We should see Step Up 2 The Streets: The Threequel when it comes out this summer.
4. And you are hyper-aware of not mentioning the future around him, so as not to scare him off. On May 1, I have this party, would you like to goh, actually, who knows if well still be going out next weekend! I sure dont! Im so chill! Im not like all those other girls! Im soOOOOOOO chill that my blood pressure is dangerously low. Can you get me a doctor?
5. He takes forever to answer text messages, and he is most prolific after 10 p.m. When he sends you the drunk whats up? normally reserved for booty calls.
6. He never wants to go out of his way. A guy who really wants to be with you will do things like pick a date closer to your house than his, or go to a movie you really want to see.
7. You hardly ever go on proper dates and/or have never seen each other in the daylight.
8. He doesnt have his shit together. If you get the sense that this guys life is a mess, he probably has a lot higher priorities to deal with than you.
9. He needs you to be mean mommy. Some guys are so used to a certain dynamic with women he goes out with his friends to bars and flirt with other girls, and acts innocent when his Buzzkill Girlfriend gets mad that they expect every girl they date to be this way. This dude still lives in an immature world where men and women are gender archetypes.
10. Youve been dating for months and the ante hasnt been upped in terms of how often you see each other or what the actual dates are. For instance: If its been three months, you should be at a brunch point by now. At five months, you should be seeing each other more than once a week. If its still drinks/dinner, once a week, he rolls out at 5 A.M. and has not yet gotten a contact case to leave at your apartment, its not looking good.
11. He says he can't commit. Pretty obvious.
12. He's George Clooney. Poster boy for male commitment-phobes. (Cameron Diaz is the poster girl for female commitment-phobes.)
13. You get the distinct feeling that he's using you for something. Like your amazing shower with awesome water pressure, or your HBO GO password, or your Apple Store discount.
Photo Credit: New Line Cinema