We're Loving: Pearls
Pearl's aren't just for grannies, they've taken on a rock n' roll twist and we can't get enough!
By Tara Lamont-Djite
This season, there's only been one accessory on our minds: The pearl. Spotted on the fall/winter runways at Alexander McQueen in the form of metal plated chokers and bracelets, and slung like oversize headphones around model's necks at Chanel's spring/summer 2014 show, the pearl has slowly been staging its comeback. We first became entranced when makeup artist Peter Phillips placed pearls along models' backs, in their hair, and along their brows at Chanel's underwater show a few seasons ago, but realized our fancy had become a full-blown obsession when we got a hold of Dior's Mise en Dior earrings. Featuring an extra large pearl in the back and smaller size in the front, this is an earring that befits the lobes of cool girls worldwide. So move over grannies, the pearl is back, and we're pairing ours with safety pin earrings and holey t-shirts.
1. Zara Combination Pearl Necklace, $35.90; Zara.com
2. ASOS Double Pearl Finger Ring, $10.98; Asos.com
3. Alexander McQueen Silver-Tone Swarovski Pearl Bracelet, $520; Net-a-Porter.com
4. Dior Mise en Dior Pearl Earrings, price upon request, Dior.com
5. J.Crew Pearl Cluster Necklace, $88; J.crew.com